Discover the comfort inside "The Best Potato Corn Chowder," in my opinion!
6 – 1 cup servings
- 2 medium unpeeled potatoes
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery (I didn't have celery, so left it out)
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) creamed corn
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cooked crumbled bacon (optional)
1. Cut potatoes and ham into 1/2-inch cubes; set aside. Dice bell pepper and chop celery. Heat butter in a Dutch Oven or 3 Qt saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and celery; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in flour; heat until bubbly. Gradually add broth, evaporated milk and corn, whisking until blended.Another idea, is to have it as a side with your after Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches. The creaminess along with the chunks of potato and corn are flavorful together and satisfy any hungry uncle you might have visiting for the holiday.
Here's wishing you a joyful Thanksgiving Day!
|Potato Corn Chowder|
Pin It For Later