Directions for single serving.
- 1 Egg
- About 6-8 stalks of asparagus with bottom ends trimmed off
- 1/4 to 1/2 of a red or yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp of shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray and additional tsp of olive oil (optional).
- Heat skillet on medium heat, then place vegetables in skillet and saute until asparagus and peppers are lightly browned.
- Push together the veggies in a row to make the raft.
- Gently crack the egg on top of vegetables. May need to hold egg in place with edge of spatula, so it doesn't slip off.
- Once the white of the egg starts to cook and firm up, place a cover on pan to continue cooking.
- Cook egg to your desired firmness. Then sprinkle the cheese on top and remove from heat and re-cover until cheese melts.
Gently slide onto a plate and serve. I like to have my egg a bit runny, so the goodness oozes over the veggies! Enjoy!